Monday, June 25, 2012 by Shelley Miles
Recipes, Cars, July activities, crafts
JULY 30 - Henry Ford Day, Cheesecake day, National Parent's Day
National Parent's Day is a good excuse to celebrate family. It's fun to let your child look through your old photo albums, and even more gratifying, to make one together. This is an activity that even the youngest child can enjoy.
- Pictures of family members and pets
- Construction paper
- Nontoxic glue
- Clear contact paper
- Fold sheets of paper in half to make at least four pages.
- Glue one large picture of a family member or group on each page.
- Punch two holes in the fold. Thread yarn through holes, tie, and crease.
- Write the names of the people under each photo.
- Laminate the cover of your handmade family album and preserve as a keepsake with clear contact paper.
- As you fill the album, point out the pictures and identify the various people. This observation helps a child reinforce familial relationships.
- Ask your child to identify and point out different family members. Your child will soon attach labels and names to members of your family. Include pictures of your child as a baby. He'll gain a sense of self-awareness.
Henry Ford was born on this day in 1863. Mr. Ford was a pioneer in automobile manufacturing. In honor of Mr. Ford, take a road trip. Nothing is more fun than moving down the highway singing favorite tunes with the whole family! Pick a destination, such as your local go-cart track, or even check your town’s calendar for an Auto Show. Any way you look at it, it will be a day full of fun.
When you get home, enjoy some delicious kid-friendly Cheesecake Recipes
Get a full month of Kids-List activities
All Blog Entrys
• January Activities
• gym programs
• September Activities
• April Activities
• October activities
• October holidays
• Book List
• Junior League
• March activties
• June Activities
• September Holidays